Saturday, July 7, 2012

Xuhui Caoheijing Hongruncal Market in Shanghai 2

Some more pictures of the Xuhui Caoheijing Market in Shanghai.  The Philippines has abundant seafood, so when I saw this woman selling clams, I wasn't as impressed.  We have more variety.  
I was a little intrigued and shocked that I saw a guinea pig in the wet section of the market.  How are these done? steamed? fried? boiled.  When I asked the lady seller beside it, she said:


 " That's just for playing"  Whew!  What a relief! I don't think I would try them anyway they are done.

I saw this shop selling pre marinated fresh meat and seafood on the second floor.  Think of it like shabu shabu ingredients that can be bought in the market.  Great Idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the visit. Comment away!