Sunday, March 4, 2012
My favorite part would be the belly with its fatty center. Often, not all the fish bones are perfectly taken out. And the bangus comes home soft and wilted.
That was before we discovered Sarangani Bay Prime boneless bangus belly.
Now, we head off to the freezer section of the supermarket and stock up on these favorites.
Easy fast food.
It comes unsalted, so it is like a blank canvas for me to play with.
I tried them Boiled, Steamed, Broiled, Fried, and Baked. I love that they have really fatty belly. Yum.
Here's one of my favorite recipe:
Adobong Boneless Bangus Belly
1 pack 400 gram Bangus Belly- unseasoned
1/2 cup Knorr Seasoning
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly and fried in oil
3 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1/4 Cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt and pepper
1 pc finger chili ( optional)
1. Season bangus with salt and pepper, coat with flour and fry.
2. In a saucepan, mix together seasoning, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, and fried garlic. cook in low heat.
3. Dip fried bangus in warm sauce.
4. Enjoy! Easy Peasy! :)
Saturday, March 3, 2012
We have decided to have pasta for lunch. So I whip up this quick Creamy Spaghetti with Truffles.
I remembered the truffle paste I bought from Rijeka, Croatia.
Truffle goes exceptionally well with cream sauce, the pungent mushroom-my flavor gives a kick to the quiet cream. To give this recipe a variation, I added Broccoli.
And since it's LAZY Sunday, I don't like to be bothered with making Bechamel ( flour, butter and milk sauce) and substitute it with Campbell Cream of mushroom soup instead.
Broccoli with Truffle Cream Pasta
1 T oil (right now I'm using rice bran oil)
1 pinch of butter
1 Cup Lean Bacon
1 Can Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Can of Evaporated Milk
2 Tbsp Minced Onion
2 Tbsp Minced Red Pepper
1 Tbsp Truffle Paste
250 grams Broccoli flowers, blanched and shocked in cold water
1/2 Can Button Mushrooms, sliced
450 grams cooked Spaghetti, al dente
pinch of salt, pepper and paprika
1. Heat in low flame oil and butter.
2. Saute mushroom in high heat ( this brings out the flavor of mushroom).
3. Add onion, red pepper and bacon.
4. Dump the Cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. ( You can add chicken stock to liquefy the dish).
5. Add truffle paste and blanched broccoli. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Add cooked spaghetti and close the fire before you mix. ( To prevent the spaghetti over cooking)