This Sunday, I had too much time on my hands. So I made Bibimbap. I called this recipe Manila Bibimbap because the- piece de resistance- in this dish would be my favorite COSMOS ASADO.
No, I didn't cook the asado. I just bought it in Soler Street, Manila. From Cosmos Panciteria.
The sauce that would tie this dish into one would be Macjang Sauce:
Mix together the following ingredients to taste ( no more cooking) -
1. Djenjang paste (Korean brown tub of fermented soya bean paste or miso)
2. Samjang paste (Korean green tub of fermented soya bean paste with chili paste)
3. Karo syrup or Korean bottle of sugar syrup
4. Rice vinegar (just a tweak)
5. minced fresh garlic
6. Sesame oil
All Korean ingredients can be found in Wang Mart . They import Korean products that can be found in those leading supermarkets.
The different vegetables that can be added to a Bibimbap would be:
1. Bean sprouts- sauté in sesame oil and garlic in high heat (to take out the moisture)
3. Straw mushrooms in can, sliced and saute in sesame oil , water and garlic
7. Taiwan petchay- saute in sesame oil and garlic
9. Asado- leave as such, no prep needed. no picture too :(