We have decided to have pasta for lunch. So I whip up this quick Creamy Spaghetti with Truffles.
I remembered the truffle paste I bought from Rijeka, Croatia.
Truffle goes exceptionally well with cream sauce, the pungent mushroom-my flavor gives a kick to the quiet cream. To give this recipe a variation, I added Broccoli.
And since it's LAZY Sunday, I don't like to be bothered with making Bechamel ( flour, butter and milk sauce) and substitute it with Campbell Cream of mushroom soup instead.
Broccoli with Truffle Cream Pasta
1 T oil (right now I'm using rice bran oil)
1 pinch of butter
1 Cup Lean Bacon
1 Can Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Can of Evaporated Milk
2 Tbsp Minced Onion
2 Tbsp Minced Red Pepper
1 Tbsp Truffle Paste
250 grams Broccoli flowers, blanched and shocked in cold water
1/2 Can Button Mushrooms, sliced
450 grams cooked Spaghetti, al dente
pinch of salt, pepper and paprika
1. Heat in low flame oil and butter.
2. Saute mushroom in high heat ( this brings out the flavor of mushroom).
3. Add onion, red pepper and bacon.
4. Dump the Cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. ( You can add chicken stock to liquefy the dish).
5. Add truffle paste and blanched broccoli. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Add cooked spaghetti and close the fire before you mix. ( To prevent the spaghetti over cooking)