Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pancakes in a rush ( Its not a mix!)


Pancakes with kids are just the best!  I get a kiss when I prepare them for breakfast.

Although commercially prepared pancake mix are easy to prepare, they are too sweet for my taste. And  I always have this dilemma wherein one box isn't enough, while two boxes are too much.  

It would be easier If I can make pancakes in a rush but in just the amount I need.   

Why not  prepare your own pancake mix and have them in the pantry always.  We need 5 simple ingredients and  no refrigeration is needed.  Just remember to write down the expiration date of your major ingredient- flour.

Pancakes in a rush

Ingredients:
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 Tablespoons sugar ( you can use less if you prefer)
3/4 teaspoon salt
thats it!

Procedure:
Sift everything into a dry airtight container.

You can double or triple the ingredients and have it all in a large air tight container.  
I always put a sign in my container that says:  

For every 1 1/2 Cup add:
1 egg
1Cup milk
1/8 Cup melted butter
Mix them all together and rest the batter for 10 minutes before cooking ( sometimes I skip the resting).  


Be ready for that kiss!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the visit. Comment away!