Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today is Pizza Day

When my sister went to Chicago, she asked me what I'd like as a pasalubong.  I said an eatable-not stale-Chicago deep dish pizza.

Really I was joking.  Although I'd love to have tasted one, I never expected her to bring a real pizza from Chicago.  It was a 13 hour plane ride and a pizza probably wouldn't survive it.

But, she did bring this deep dish pizza KIT from Chicago.

 I loved my pasalubong instantly.  It gave me an inspiration to learn to bake a real pizza.  From scratch....

It wouldn't do justice if I bought a grocery pizza crust and just slather it with toppings, not too original. 

                                     
So today I made a home made pizza from whole wheat flour, yeast, salt and olive oil.

 Toppings include tomato sauce, roasted red pepper, onion, pineapple, lean bacon, yesterday's hamburger, sharp cheddar and mozzarella.

 I baked it in the oven on 250 degrees for 30 minutes and Tadaah!

                                         
It took me at least 4 to 5 hours to make this beauty. 

I will never complain again if it took 45 minutes for my pizza to be delivered.

I like making my own pizza, there's something divine about creating bread from flour. 

And its time well spent when you see the smiles on my kids' face when they devour it with much gusto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the visit. Comment away!